Friday, January 20, 2012

Good morning

Just woke up. It's already 9.30 am but that's earlier than usual. No classes, projects, homework...so I am using this time to the fullest to relax and sleep! I can't count the number of movies I have watched lately or the number of time I have wasted on the Internet (mostly on facebook).

It's funny when you are in class or working and have many things to do, we complain and then comes the period with nothing. At first, we are ecstatic with the free time and do some of the things we couldn't do when we were busy but then we feel the nothingness...A human mind needs to be busy, occupied...we need to do something, to work.

Suddenly, I remember a quote from Nietzsche (yes, I did do philosophy in high school but I admit I had to google the full quote): "To escape boredom, man works either beyond what his usual needs require, or else he invents play, that is, work that is designed to quiet no need other than that for working in general."

Therefore, I can't wait for next week to start my thesis. Of course, once I start I will again hope that the holidays come as soon as possible. Sounds like a vicious circle ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment